What is a “fairy tale?” A story detached from reality? One with distorted ideals and false hope, with happy endings and inevitable redemption?
We live in a world of destruction. One of uninhibited cruelty, of selfish desire for power, and an endless amount of flaws.
Are we corrupted, selfish and evil by nature? Yes, I think so. I think humans are selfish, pleasure-seeking creatures yearning security. I don’t believe humans are born evil, but they are born selfish. It is our primal need to survive, to be on top, and therefore destroy to achieve that power. A utopian society is impossible to attain for the desire for power and security ultimately conquers equality and justice.
Although the world is imperfect, and as human beings, are flawed subsets of the unnatural and perverted world, we still have hope. It’s about finding a balance- a harmony. Finding the balance between freedom and oppression, luxury and necessity, and perfection verses dystopian chaos.
Will mankind ever be redeemed?
I don't know but in the mean time, I'm going to enjoy the perfect symmetry of the flower petals and butterfly wings.
No comments:
Post a Comment